Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Belonging

i belong to myself
my thoughts are my very own.
no one knows what i
am thinking of why.

my feelings are my own
the things i feel are more
a part of me than my right arm
to know the things i feel
is to know me.
i belong to other people
for when i share my
thoughts and let them find my feelings,
i have given them a part of myself
they own a part of me
i belong to them....

I love these lines-- for simply they aptly remind us of the fact-- God helps those who help themselves. Side by side, it also asks our character to be humane, to care for others differently abled, or those who are facing more and greater rubs of life than we are. The lines teaches us that we all belong -- TOGETHER.

lord, help me to give little pieces
of myself that i may belong to others.
but even more, help me to accept
pieces of others, that they, too,
may belong.

No comments: